One large strawberry supplies 14 percent of your daily vitamin C, which helps you absorb plant sources of iron.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice;
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil;
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar;
- 2 cups baby arugula;
- 6 strawberries, sliced;
- 4 pecans;
1) To make the dressing, mix together freshly squeezed orange juice, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
2) To make the salad, in a medium bowl, combine arugula and strawberries. Add dressing to the salad mixture and toss to combine. Top with pecans and serve immediately.
Serves 1. Per serving: 195 calories, 15 g fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 3 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 mg sodium.